About Me

My photo
With my blog, I will document my progress in CAS throughout the next two years. The challenges and the achievements will be acknowledged and the highlights will be commemorated.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Action/Service: My last Habitat build

On the 25th of February, I went on my last habitat build :( We went to Indivitiya Jaela and met with three families who were grateful to receive our help on the construction and maintenance of their houses. I have been on quite a few builds over the past two years and for the most part of those builds we helped lay the cement for the floor. For the first time though, on this build, we were asked to do the opposite - break up a cement floor. This proved quite difficult, but with the help and instruction of some of the locals, I was able to better understand the technique needed to break up the floor in an efficient manner, hence allowing me to develop new skills. All in all, we worked well together as a team and got a lot of work done. The families whom we had helped appeared to be very appreciative of the work we had put in, making all our aches and pains worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment